TechCrunch Disrupt is back in person October 18-20 in San Francisco, and we want to remind university and college students that one minute can change the trajectory of your startup dreams. how?
Opportunity begins when you apply to TechCrunch’s student pitch competition (powered by Blackstone LaunchPad).
Here’s how it works:
- Record a 60-second video of your presentation.
- Complete this application and answer a few short questions about your startup or idea.
- Submit your application and video before September 9.
- TechCrunch will select 20 finalists and notify them on September 18.
- Note: This is a video-only competition – no one will be participating in Disrupt.
What’s a competition without prizes? Here’s what’s at stake.
All 20 finalists walk away with free passes to Disrupt, two free tickets to any TechCrunch event in 2023, and a Blackstone LaunchPad gift. The top six finalists will also receive:
- Complimentary three-night hotel stay in San Francisco during Disrupt 2022
- Feature coverage in a TechCrunch article
- Mentoring session with Blackstone LaunchPad and Techstars staff
The competition is 100% free and industry-agnostic — we encourage students from any vertical to apply. And while we’re excited to review applications from students with a working MVP, the final winners will be a mix of idea-stage, product/market fit, and growth-stage student-led startups.
Take a look at just some of the universities whose student-run startups have already applied. We are already quite impressed with the caliber of ideas and products that have landed on our table from students around the world.
- London School of Economics
- Morehouse College
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Berkeley
- Columbia Business School
The fall semester starts in a few weeks, so we encourage students to apply now before college starts, you know, college.
TechCrunch Disrupt 2022 takes place October 18–20 in San Francisco with an online day on October 21. Don’t miss your chance to win free passes to Disrupt and three nights in San Francisco. Apply to TechCrunch’s student pitch competition until September 9. A one-minute pitch can give your startup dreams a boost.
Is your company interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at TechCrunch Disrupt 2022? Contact our sponsorship sales team via filling out this form.