Hello and welcome back to Equitya startup business podcast where we reveal the numbers and nuances behind the headlines.
This week Alex is back with Grace and our new producer Teresa Lokonsolo to start the week. This Monday morning we recorded right before Gary Tan announced that he is returning to Y Combinator as its president. Damn it.
But we still had a lot to talk about!
- Stocks aren’t having a good day around the world after a pretty tough last Friday. This is hardly bullish for the IPO market.
- Things weren’t much better in crypto-land, where Bitcoin and Ether are down from their week-ago prices and NFT volumes remain muted.
- And speaking of quiet, startup news — besides Y Combinator! — was modest over the weekend. It looks like the August delay is both real and here. Honestly, startups could use a shot in the arm to get closer to the level of insanity in 2021. Could the Instacart IPO we’re expecting be the catalyst it needs?
- Another potential Good Vibes catalyst we’re tracking is if and when the Tether audit finally happens.
- More in the news: Honda will spend a lot to build batteries in the United States; Indian mobile connectivity is expected to improve in the coming year; and Meta and Indian conglomerate Reliance team up for e-commerce.
Equity returns on Wednesday, Thursday for a live show! Chat soon!