Last week we shared a list of 50 legends of the game who were eligible to be inducted into the first class of the National High School Football Hall of Fame. Today, the names of 22 of them were chosen to be immortalized.
According to a press release from Russell Johnson, the inaugural 2023 is here National High School Football Hall of Fame class.
1. RB Jim Brown: Manhasset High School Class of 1953
2. Coach Paul Brown: Massillon Washington High School Class of 1925
3. QB Bernie Kosar: Boardman High School Class of 1981
4. QB Archie Payton: Drew High School Drew Class of 1967
5. QB Peyton Manning: Isidore Newman High School Class of 1994
6. QB Eli Manning: Isidore Newman High School Class of 1998
7. QB Cooper Manning: Isidore Newman High School Class of 1992
8. RB Mike Doss: Canton McKinley High School Class of 1998.
9. LB Chris Speilman: Massillon Canton, Ohio Class of 1983
10. Coach Thom McDaniels: Canton McKinley High School, Ohio
11. RB Kevin Mack: Kings Mountain High School Class of 1981
12. DB Ray Freeman: Warrensville Hts High School Class of 1981
13. RB Marcus Dupree: Philadelphia High School Class of 1981
14. RB Archie Griffin: Eastmoor High School Class of 1971
15. RB Greg Cameron: University High School Class of 1980
16. RB/LB Jerry Ball: Position West Brock High School Class of 1983
17. DT Horace Sheffield: Cass Tech High School Class of 1972
18. Coach Ted Ginn, head coach at Glenville High School in Cleveland, Ohio
19. OT Lomas Brown: Miami Springs High School Class of 1983
20. ATH Greg Kampe: Defiance High School, Ohio Class of 1973.
21. Coach Don Nehlen: Coach at Canton McKinley High School, Ohio
22. RB Marion Motley: Canton McKinley High Class of 1939
These individuals will be formally inducted into the NHSFHOF in Canton, Ohio on Sunday, July 30, at the Timken Career Campus.
More football stories
Oregon, Alabama and Ole Miss are all recruiting 4-star DL prospects in the ’24 class
Friday night notes: Dylan Raiola’s recruiting impact, Kentucky’s new QB